My IPOD TOUCH

Friday, April 10, 2009

Cheng Beng!

Well, it's been almost a week since cheng beng from now. Anyway, i actually found this year's cheng beng was actually quite short. It's like we just had to put those things on the ground, pray and kind of "talk" to our ancestors, and after that we get to eat the delicious roasted pork (it was bloody good...) and it's done. Not like the other years, it felt quite long and boring those days haha.

I've taken some photos of the cemetery area though, just wanted to know which part of China did my great-grandparents came from. Turn out that my father's side was from "luo ding", the cantonese group, whereas my mother's side was from "mei something", also from the cantonese group. So, we wished for lots of stuffs from our ancestors too. Haha. Sorry Aileen, at that time we hadn't got the prey-for-you-to-be-taller deal thing yet. Hehe.

Oh, one more thing, when my family and i went to have lunch - seremban's famous "niu nang fen" - a beggar came to our table. He was the same old hag who came to beg for money almost every year. So, for this year, he asked for money from my dad again. My dad gave him 40 cents which was the change from the shop. Then, the beggar was like laughing there and saying, "only 40 cents?" My dad then went very mad. So, he said that, "if you don't want the money then give me back the money and get away!" Then the beggar just nodded his head, but again he said the same thing," 40 cents only?" My father said the same thing again. So, the beggar finally scramed away.

After that, a "monk" came to beg for money pula. Eventually, he didn't stop at our table. Haha. I think it was because everyone of us didn't bother to even look at him. we weer all using our phones whereas some of us were just gazing at the table, giving him the look that we don't want to be bothered. Haha

That's all for today!
Jenson singing out.
~Enjoy~

No comments: